How to get found on the internet
To get a website found on the internet and in search results especially it’s best to have it optimized for search so it can be found.
Here is a simple check list that I use and that works well:
1. Title tag, use words someone searching might use to find your service
2. Each page should have a unique meta description for it.
3. use H1, H2 tags in page copy
4. background and text colors and spacing should make for easy reading
5. use tags on images: use the best keywords in the caption, alternative text and image desription.
6. Use Meta tags in the <head> section html. description, robots, content, noimageindex, noarchive, nofollow etc..
7. Use rel=”nofollow” where appropriate